How to Scent Your Potpourri:
Pour the entire batch of the potpourri into a paper bag for "curing, this curing process allows the scents to blend into the botanicals
- Place 10 drops of oil into the potpourri and seal the bag
- Shake the bag to evenly coat the potpourri
- Set it in a cool, dry location out of direct sunlight for 24 hours
After 24 hours your botanicals are scented and your potpourri is ready to use
- Place your potpourri into a container and your room will be filled with fragrance
When your potpourri begins to lose its scent, repeat the process.
How to Use Scent Gels:
These gel like crystals can be used in your aroma lamps or by just taking the cap off the jar and using as a safe alternative to candles.
If using in an aroma lamp scoop a small amount of the crystals into the oil dish. Turn on the lamp and let the fragrance fill your room. The crystals will shrink over time and all you need to do is add distilled water to expand them again. You can also refresh your crystals with fragrance oil if they ever get weak in scent.
Getting your kit ready is simple and quick:
- Dispense a small amount of oil to cover the bottom of your vase.
- Unwrap your reeds and place them in the vase. Spread the reeds evenly so they "fan out"
- After the reeds have absorbed the oil in the bottom of the vase, gather them together and pull them out.
- Pour another dose of oil to cover the bottom of the vase.
- Invert your reeds so the ends that did not get oil before are in the bottom of the vase and "fan them out" again.
Your kit is now ready to scent your room.
Every few days, when the fragrance is fading, simply "flip" the reeds and the fragrance will refresh and renew your room.
When the fragrance becomes weak, simply refresh the reeds using the procedure above.
- Diffusion will work best when the reeds are allowed to "dry out" between applications. Do not oversoak your reeds. One small dose is all you need.
- The reeds will always keep a base scent of the fragrance you used them with, use a new bundle with each new fragrance.
- Do not mix oils with any liquids. These are concentrated. Your vase should always appear empty so that there is nothing to spill. If you vase appears to have liquid in it outside of the getting ready steps you are oversoaking your reeds.
Caution: Flammable. Keep away from high heat or open flames. Do not attempt to light your reeds. For Adult Use Only. Keep out of the reach of children and pets. Avoid contact with furniture, fabric, or near the eyes.
Wash hands thoroughly after handling the reeds. Do NOT ingest.
To Use Soy wax Flakes:
Place a small amount of chips in the oil dish. Turn on the warmer and let the wonderful aroma engulf your room. Chips will re-solidify when the heat is turned off.
When the fragrance is no longer diffusing you can add a few drops of fragrance oil to retain the aroma.
To remove the wax from the dish, let the dish cool completely. Place the dish carefully in the freezer for a few minutes and when the wax is hardened it will easily release from the dish. Save in an airtight container for future use.
Soy wax is water soluble so you can discard the wax and just wash dish with soap and water.
To Use Fragrance Oil:
We recommend you use a small amount of soywax or decorative rocks in the dish. This causes a barrier to form between the heat and the oil which helps it naturally diffuse into the air rather than burn. This is not required but will help the oil last longer and prevent scorching in the dish.
Add approximately 10-15 drops of oil into the dish. Turn on the warmer and let the wonderful aroma engulf your room.
To Use Scent Gels:
To be used as a reusable flameless candle, simply remove the cover and cardboard insert. Your flame free candle is now ready to use.
These gel like crystals can also be used in your aroma lamp. To use them in the aroma lamp scoop a small amount of the gel into the oil dish. Turn on the warmer and let the wonderful aroma engulf your room.
Please note that crystals will shrink over time and you simply need to add distilled water to expand them again.
You can always refresh the crystals with oil whenever needed.